The Western Design Conference is featuring a Designer Show House in the center of the floor of the Exhibit + Sale. The intent is to align interior designers with the public by providing the creative venue to showcase their talent and the ability to incorporate pieces from WDC juried artists into a home environment. Attendees will enter a central hallway and walk through five professionally designed rooms. The Designer Show House provides an excellent opportunity for prospective design clients to better understand how to integrate one-of-a-kind objects into beautifully designed spaces.
Each Designer Show House room includes:
- An editorial feature article in the Designer Show House section of the Western Design Conference Sourcebook.
- Mountain Living will host the Sourcebook on their website www.mountainliving.com with an annual national audience of over 700,000 online.
- Opening Preview Party
- VIP early entry into the Exhibit + Sale allows you before public access to meet this year’s artisans & designers.
- Early access to walk through the Designer Show House.
- Experience the Western Design Runway Fashion Show and participate in the Live Auction while enjoying award winning culinary creations and signature cocktails during a festive night of shopping.
- 2 Opening Preview Party – General Admission Tickets ($100 value).
- 6 Exhibit + Sale day passes ($90 value)
- The DSH will have a central premier location during 3 day Exhibit + Sale 10am–5pm, Friday, Sept 6 through Sunday, Sept 8 and Opening Preview Party 6pm–10pm, Thursday, Sept 5.
DSH Rates, Specs & Details:
- Designer Show House Specs: 36’W x 42’D.
- Rooms: (4 rooms) 15′ x 15′, $5000, (1 room) 12 x 36′, $7000, (hallway) 30′ x 6′, $2500, (exterior lounge space) 12′ x 12′, $4000.
- Walls: Anything may be attached to the walls – fabric, vinyl, wood, wallpaper (anything that can easily be removed). Each designer is responsible for removing anything applied.
- 9’h white painted walls are provided. Custom painting is available for $20/linear foot in advance.
- Attach objects, hardware, fixtures with screws (best), staples, or tacks.
- DO NOT use drywall anchors or toggle bolts that require drilling large holes in the walls. 1/4″ holes MAX can be drilled in the walls.
- Electric: 4×9′ panels with electrical outlets will be used, indicate on the plan what panels you want to be electrical. The electrical panels are single sided, they do not have outlets on both sides of the walls. The event company can also tape a thin white cord in the corner and paint over the tape.
- Lighting: Truss lighting overhead with 90w lights will be provided (as used at contemporary shows).
- Set-up hours: Tuesday, 9/3 (DSH exhibitors only/private set up 8am-6pm); additional set-up days w/ WDC artists on Wednesday, 9/4 set-up 8am-6pm; Thursday, 9/5 8am-noon.